Table of Contents
- Listen to the Show on iTunes
- Stream the Director's Cut (FULL VERSION) Topic-by-Topic
- Show Notes
- 3 Action Steps
- How to Get More Free Training from Stephen Vettorel
- Resources and Links
- About Stephen Vettorel
- Help Us Out (Review and Share)
- Get Free Access to Our LIVE Trading Room
- Listen to and Download the Podcast (EDITED)
Listen to the Show on iTunes
Stream the Director's Cut
FULL VERSION (1:28:54)
Back to Top
Q: Tell us about your background.
- Price’s family raises thoroughbred horses, and his family was surprised when he decided to become a trader instead of continuing in the horse business
Q: Who or what inspired you to become a trader?
- His performance in a contest while in college at Duke inspired Price to pursue trading
Q: At what point did trading become your primary source of income?
- It was a process, that included making mistakes early on, to get to the point where trading was Price’s primary source of income.
Q: What does a typical day look like for you?
- A typical day for Price begins with a standard process of review that his team has developed
- Throughout the day, his team sends real time alerts to his subscribers
Q: Do you remember your first big winning trade? What did you do with the money?
- After launching Big Trends, Price had a big win on one of the stocks he had recommended early on.
- He used the proceeds to build the Big Trends organization!
- An invitation from a pastor in Tampa, FL turned into a memorable experience
- The freedom to create your own destiny is the driving force behind why Price loves trading.
- The distractions that come along with the freedom are something that Price likes least about the lifestyle.
- After making mistakes early on in his career, Price began analyzing his trades, which led to a more stable approach than trading from his gut.
- There was an acceleration of Price’s capital in 1999, in part because of the Y2K scare.
- These good months in 1999 were followed by several poor months in early 2000.
Q: If you could go back in time, what advice would you give to your 20-year-old self?
- Price’s advice to his 20-year-old self would be to find your passion and then follow it, regardless of what other people say.
- Price believes in defining what is important to you personally and professionally so that you can grow and be fulfilled, even if this includes goals that seem unachievable.
- Price left a well-paying, salaried job to start Big Trends. He left behind a corporate title and security to do this.
- Price recommends not letting the excitement and eagerness get the best of you.
- Use simulation tools to test and create a trading plan that suits you.
Q: How should someone handle losing streaks?
- The first step is defining what a losing streak looks like to you, and use that definition to recognize a losing streak so you can know when to take a step back and reevaluate.
Q: How has your mindset evolved over time?
- Price’s evolution began with learning to take emotions out of trading
Q: What is the most rewarding thing about trading for a living?
- Being your own boss and being in control of your destiny is very rewarding
What is your biggest challenge as a trader?
- Information overload is a big challenge for Price
Q: What markets do you trade and why?
- Price’s trading is Options oriented, and he looks for the most active and liquid stocks.
Q: What is your favorite trading strategy in today’s market?
- Price is focused on an options selling strategy that can help you to create consistent winners in your portfolio
Q: What is different about your approach compared to other traders?
- Price attributes his unique approach to unconventional wisdom
Q: How would you trade a $5,000 account differently than a $50,000 account?
- Price recommends not over-allocating your capital, which will affect commissions with a $5000 account
Q: How do you limit risk?
- Big Trends recommends not committing more than 10% of your capital that is set aside for one strategy to each new trade.
Q: How does your strategy differ for generating income versus building wealth?
- With income trades, you can accept sideways markets, but when trading to build wealth through growth, you have to focus on strong trends
Q: What trading platform do you use primarily?
- Price likes TradeStation and Think or Swim
Q: Which indicator could you not live without?
- Larry Williams’ Percent Range indicator is one that Price has started favoring over the past several years
Q: Do you have a written trading plan that you reference every day?
- The Big Trends team consults their trading plan regularly
Q: Do you keep a trading journal?
- Even a simple subjective journal outlining how you are feeling can help you to evaluate your ability to trade well each day.
Q: What is the next step in your evolution as a trader?
- Price and his team will always be testing and looking for the next edge, and will continue working to refining their scanning process to overcome information overload
Q: How do you see the profession of trading evolving over the next 5-10 years?
- AI will be the biggest area of interest in terms of empowering technology to work for the profession
Q: What is the best way to get in touch with you?
- Go to BigTrends.com/Free for a special free 150-page e-book or call 1-800-BIG-TRENDS
- Traderview Episode 003 - Show Notes
Back to Top
3 Action Steps
- Write down everything!
- Start small
- Create a written trading plan
How to Get More Free Training from Price Headley
Get More Free Training from Price Headley: BigTrends.com/FREE
Resources and Links
- BigTrends.com – http://bigtrends.com
- Big Trends in Trading by Price Headley - http://amzn.to/2f31UNu
- Wall Street Journal – http://wsj.com
- TradeStation – http://www.tradestation.com
- Think or Swim – http://www.thinkorswim.com
- Williams %R – http://www.investopedia.com/terms/w/williamsr.asp
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre - http://amzn.to/2f33bnS
About Price Headley
Price Headley was inducted into the Traders' Hall of Fame in 2007 and is the founder of BigTrends.com, which provides investors with specific real-time stock and options strategies and investment education to profit from significant market trends.
Price appears regularly on CNBC, Fox News and Bloomberg Television, and in a variety of print and online financial news outlets, including The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, Forbes, Investor's Business Daily and USA Today. Price also speaks regularly to investment audiences nationwide.
Help Us Out (Review and Share)If you had just ONE "a-ha" moment during this podcast, or got at least one good resource out of it, please help us spread the word by sharing this page via your favorite social media account, and by giving us an honest review on iTunes. It only takes 30 seconds and you'll be helping out fellow traders and creating all sorts of good karma. Click one of the buttons below to share this podcast. Then CLICK HERE for instructions on how to leave a review on iTunes. We'd love a 5-star review, but only if you really mean it -- it's important that your review is completely honest. Thanks for helping us spread the word!
Get Access to Our LIVE Trading Room
Watch "over the shoulder" of a professional trader (via webinar) as he trades LIVE in the markets, calling out trades well in advance so you can follow along in simulation and dramatically accelerate your progress toward your goals.
Get your questions answered, learn good money-management skills, and see the orders placed on the chart well before trades happens.
Most importantly, get personalized feedback on how to overcome the obstacles that have held you back so far in your trading career.
And it's all included when you join the WINNER'S Circle Membership at WINvesting.